View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 10:57 PM

Rose,

You're confused, afraid, hurting and panicking. Your emotions are on the surface and your doctor won't listen to you. First of all, breathe and try to relax. I once had a 'flare up' with my muscles so tight I couldn't move at all without grimacing pain. It lasted for a full four days before letting up and then, only slightly. Muscle relaxers and anti-inflams did nothing. It eventually passed. Even as I write this, I did something yesterday and can't move today. Pain meds and sleeping pills help a lot!!!!

Second, your doctor is right, he needs to see you. Diagnosing over the phone is impossible. Even if you had a neuro or ortho, they would need to see you and order the appropriate tests.

Then again, there are doctors and there are doctors. Some are more caring and some are more astute. You also obviously need a referrel. I don't know which insurance you have but if you're unhappy with your current doctor, see someone else. But first things first. Call your Dr. again and ask if he'll prescribe something for your pain. You still might not be able to move but you'll at least be comfortable. Vicodin in one of my favorites. Then, after this episode passes, call for an appointment or a referrel... or find a different primary. Surely you know someone who is happy with their Dr. Calmly and rationally explain your circumstances and get the tests ordered. Then you'll know what's going on and can explore your options.

So now you have a plan. Getting comfortable is your first order of business. You can't think when you're in that much pain.

Hoping your pain subsides soon, Dale