View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 04:14 PM

I used nortryptyline a few years ago..I couldnt sleep because of nerve ending twitching, there was no good side to lie on.
It worked and I used it for about 6 months..i still got a numb foot when I push myself 24/7 ( I am a soldier, so once in the field its a very long day)..I took myself off of it..just to see how the nerve ending where firing..and the nerves had settled down enough for me to sleep without the nortryptyline.
In terms of back pain I find tyn 3 work but once the nerve ending start firing in the legs and hips only two things have worked...nortryptyline, or the perc.
I had surgery about 60 days ago..and have been doing about 30 minutes of stretching twice a day for the past 3 days..the result...waking up in the middle of the night with the nerve ending firing..one perc and 30 minutes later I can go to sleep..I can make it most of the day with no Pain med but for some reason at night the nerve ending go into overtime.
I have been think about the nortryptyline lately but since I have had corrective surgery and the fact I have good nights and bad nights I like the option of shutting of the meds to see how things are going.
Nortryptyline wont work in 30 minutes. I think its more of a long term program but a good one..perhaps a beter solution to taking a bunch of perc a day.
Perhaps a new thread is in order..