View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 07:16 PM

Default VSI Since 2001

Hi Mark,

I have been catching up on this site and am sorry to read about Diane. I hope that she is on the mend and doing well.

I have been a patient of Dr. hasz since Nov. 2001 and still see him. During my preparation for my ADR he was looking for a way to watch my surgery in Germany. I later learned that Dr. Hasz and his colleages would start clinical trials for the Maverick. They started in Aug. 2003, but stopped due to poor outcome. I will not say anymore on this.

Dr. Hasz did a one level fusion at C5-6 using the Atlantis plate in March 2005. I opted for a fusion because it was for a single level and because my disc was abutting on my spinal cord. I had no idea that adjacent level disease would set in so soon.

I have also learned that I have 3-level DDD in my t-spine, but that pain is controlled better with medication. My cervical spine issues will need to be addressed soon. My balance problems have led to a bicycle accident, plus brain injury. Folks here now what spine promlems are, so I will not complain. I just need to make better choices.

I am so glad that the Prodisc C has been approved by the FDA!

Prodisc ADR L3-4-5, 08/2003 Dr. Bertagnoli
Failed Fusion C5-6 03/2005
Sarcoidosis