View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:00 PM

Sonata,

You have reached a crossroads and your confusion is quite normal. I don't want to sway you one way or another. While I do agree about Stenum Hospital, Dr. B did my surgery 2 years ago and though I'm still having problems with my leg, I do not fault Dr. B... it was just a circumstance of my surgery. I know nothing about this 1 person who claims to have been ignored by Dr. B after a failed surgery and will not comment other than to say 1 surgery does not make a pattern of competance or attentiveness. My experience was different. Dr. B's staff even made a 'house call' to my hotel. You also always have Dr. Zeegers as a choice should you decide an ADR is best for you.

As for fusion being the gold standard... until recently it was your only choice. American insurance co.s won't cover it so in this country, it's still the main choice. Long term effects of ADRs are still unknown but those of fusion are. Though adjacent segment degeneration is common, it may not find it's way into your neck.

Your post sounds like you're trying to talk yourself into something. It is extremely important that you're comfortable with your own decision. It's your body and only you will gain the benefits or suffer the consequences.

After reading my post, I realize it sounds like I'm pushing ADRs. I'm not. I just want you to make that omnipetent 'informed decision'.

Whatever your decision, I wish you the best,

Dale