View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:33 PM

Dennis,

Even without your medical history, arthritis is usually a long term side effect of surgeries and/or major injuries, along with extreme exercise as with gymnists, football players, etc.

Your tale sounds familiar to many others I've read about and I'm sorry for all you've endured. Anyone who's suffered from chronic pain can identify. I hope your doctors can find the cure you're so looking for. At the same time, you might want to consider weighing the benefits to a limited mobility with lesser pain vs. the pain you're now suffering through. As for not being a candidate for ADRs because of your bone deterioration, have you considered consulting with either Dr. B or Z in Germany. You might want to look into that too before deciding on your next course of action.

I've mentioned this before... but here goes again. An old fashioned remedy for arthritis pain, not the arthritis itself is as follows;

soak a box of white raisins in gin. In a non-reactive (no metal) 9x13 pan, spread out a box of white raisins. Pour gin on top to just cover the raisins, cover with saran and allow to soak in for a few days, stirring occasionally. When the gin is absorbed, eat 7 (or more ) of them daily. You can refrigerate if the taste of gin isn't to your liking. A chemical reaction between the white raisins and gin goes directly to arthritic pain!!!! Everyone I know who's tried this, especially the skeptical (I was among them) claims it works.

I also mix in a lot of cinnamon which is known for lowering your blood sugar, to help kill the taste.

Please take care and keep us posted... and next time around, choose a better gene pool !

Dale