View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Dynesys a positive view 2007

Hi. As requested I am starting a new thread. Unusually so it seems with a positive view of Dynesys. I have always played a lot of tennis and was a promising junior in as much as I played for my county(Sussex). I guess as a result of this at such a young age I was always going to have back problems as my Father and Mother and Sister all have. I had a disceptomy about 6 years ago after slipping my disc. I had major pain in my leg and numbness. This all got better after the op and all was well for a while but I went back to tennis and before long I was suffering again but this time no leg pain and no new numbness. This of course meant that there was no nerve problems. I went on anti-inflammatories for about 4 years(not recommended) which eventually messed my tummy up. Without these the pain was too bad and decided to get something done. Anyway Dynesys was recommended by the Consultant as my pain was apparently caused by disc degeneration and a chemical that is excreted by the disc when under compression. I had the procedure on the 12 Nov 2007 and was discharged on the afternoon of the 13 Nov. I was quite surprised at how quickly I have recovered. I was off pain meds in a week and now 2 1/2 weeks on there is some discomfort from the healing precess but very little else. It is too early to tell how successful this has been but all feels good at present. I had Dynesys at 2 levels L4 and L5 and so far recommend the procedure as my back feels strong. I hope to go back to work in the new year(Ihave been off work since January 2007) but I am not going to rush anything. If anybody has any questions then I will be pleased to help if I can. Regards Nigel