View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 09:20 PM

Unrelated to ADRs but turned down for the same reason, Cigna recently refused a liver transplant for a 17 year old Leukemia victim. It was her only chance for life yet they still called it experimental. An uproar ensued, the doctores wrote letters, a press conference was held. Public support expressed outrage until Cigna recanted and approved the liver transplant. Unfortunately, this poor 17 year old girl died last night, just hours after the approval.

Cigna is now being sued civily by this poor girl's family and consideration for criminal prosecution, from manslaughter to murder, is also being considered.

Our lives may not be in jeopardy but our mental and emotional ones most certainly are, not to mention the effects on our families. My blood is currently boiling . I can't even express my anger with insurance companies with their 'experimental' rational. So many of us took second trust deeds out on our homes (thank you especially California) willing to spend our own hard earned money and/or forgo other expenses to find the relief we so sought... while our insurance companies clung to every penny, practicing their own brand of cost factor medicine, caring not an ounce for anyone's suffering. Spitting is of no value but I'm beginning to understand other motives for strangulation.

I hope they hang the sob's. (pardon my languange)