View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 06:46 AM

I have not had surgery in Germany, but we went five years ago (after I had cervical spine problems). I wore my inferential machine, and surprisingly, had no trouble getting through security with the machine on. I took a sleeping pill while I was still in the airport. I had one of those blow-up neck pillows to use on the plane.

The only real problem I had was that the seats were smaller than normal and we were in the middle of the plane. There were two aisle rows with two seats each and one middle row with six in the middle. As luck had it, we had seats 3 and 4 in the middle row, with two people on either side of us. I could not move without bumping into someone and felt very claustophobic. We flew Swiss Air and I am not sure if the other airlines' planes are arranged the same.

What I would do next time is book farther in advance, not go during holidays (it was Christmas time), and make sure that we got two seats in the aisle row.

Also, Munich is a very large airport, and even though I had only one medium suitcase to roll, it quickly became too much for me. By the time we got the rental car and drove to our destination outside of Munich, I was exhausted even though the sleeping pill had helped me to sleep on the plane.

Bavaria is a beautiful state and we enjoyed our time there. Almost everyone spoke at least some English and people seemed to enjoy helping us and practicing their English.