Thread: Observation
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 03:22 AM
Administrator

It's tough for me to watch some of the cases with less than stellar recoveries. Dale has always called her surgery a success at relieving the back pain, but the leg pain was no small problem. In spite of her positive outlook and the cheery nature, the leg pain was still a serious problem. I'm so happy for her that now, even more than 2 years out... she's finding greater and greater relief. Hopefully the trend will continue.

This is such a great post as it gives the folks in similar situations some hope that things can improve substantially, even after a couple of years. Hopefully it won't make people worry that they'll be stuck for 2 years... I've seen great turn arounds for people with slow recoveries at 8, 10, 12 months... even more. But however long it takes, the body is amazing and you can still get better.

Rob... I hope to hear about more improvement. Based on what you say, it seems that you have realized substantial improvement. Is it so little improvement that you don't yet think the surgical ordeal was worth it? I hope to hear about more improvement. In the cases where some pains were improved or resolved while others remain, I wonder about further diagnosis... other levels??? other problems?

Fuzzy... Hopefully the surgery induced L leg pain will subside with time... 10 weeks out is still pretty early.

All the best...

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org