View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 08:54 PM

Mark,

That which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger and in your case, you only continue to get better at what you do. I'm so sorry that you are experiencing cervical disc degeneration with the subsequent pain and further surgery but your reward, if one there be, will be an empathy for others that has no parallel.

On another note, and I know I've posted this before, is that though a discogram without anesthesia is painful and for me, a huge deterrent in going to Germany, it isn't as bad as it sounds. Yes, you may experience a level 10 pain but the duration of this pain is so short that before you can even say 'ouch' or some other expletive, the pain is over. I realize this post is about Mark but it was posts like his explanation of his discogram that caused such a fear in me over this test, I was willing to compromise my best interests just to avoid it. For any in this situation, it's really not as bad as it sounds. I would not hesitate to go through it again.

Mark, I hope your pain and discomfort continues to allow your usual high functioning. Please take care and take it easy!

Dale