View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 05:04 PM

Betsy,

Too many of us can completely understand. This reminds me (men, turn away for a moment is you so choose). Yesteryear the medical community thought that a woman's menstrual cramps were 'in her head' and now they know otherwise. Can you imagine what would happen if the doctors of the world would acutally believe their patients for once? The pain level of the world would diminish as new causations were revealed and treated. The one pill fixes all mentality would be replaced with a fix the problem thought process. Researchers would finally get paid more than pharmaceutical companies.

Though your mind can indeed cause physical symptoms, from my observations it's more in your digestive arena or perhaps headaches. I suppose back pain may be induced by stress and of course there are those who will complain about anything but when your life and living envirnment are so negatively affected, it's time for the medical community to put aside their pride and say "I DON'T KNOW"! and refer you to someone who will go that extra mile.

As a previous victim I have learned to dismiss those doctors who don't care about me as a PERSON. Now I have to learn how to determine when that occurs. Betsy, life can be cruel. If you don't stand up for yourself, few others will. There are great doctors out there. Too bad there are also those who think diseases are more important than the people they inflict.