View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 04:46 PM

A little rant and vent my eyeballs!

Our medical system has never been perfect but back in the early '90s and prior, health insurance was a fairer propostition with insurers claiming only a reasonable share of the profits, not all. They did not interfere with a doctor's level of care. Reasonable medical costs have always been higher than we'd like but a doctor's charges weren't whittled down to nothing by greedy companies looking to make their fortunes from someone's elses education and hard work.

I have nothing nice to say about today's health care system. I have nothing nice to say about any doctor trying to rip the shirts off his patients by charging outrageous amounts for needed tests and care. I have nothing nice to say about our politicians who not only allow this but also reap their share of profiteering.

And by the way, health insurers are not alone in their greed and oft times illegal manuevering. Just look at New Orleans, or L.A. after the earthquake as two examples of the fraud, deceit and downright conspiracy. I adhore those damned commercials that tell us how much they care. The only thing they care about is putting your money in their pockets and keeping it there.

No, my eyeballs do not feel better!

Last edited by dshobbies; 02-14-2008 at 04:51 PM.