View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 12:38 AM

I've heard some of the same stories.....Yes you have a herniation and an annular tear, with DDD and radiculitis, but we don't see how it could be causing that much pain and problems.....blah blah blah. This MRI, that MRI and finally an EMG to verify I was not going out of my mind. These shots and those shots for pain management. All I wanted was to get it fixed. But procedure would not allow me to do so. This doctor referred me to that doctor who referred me to the other doctor until I found one you did not process me like a number and a medical guinea pig. Finally a Doctor who listened to me, my problems and situation and my goals. I wasn't worried about when I could go back to work. I wasn't worried about monetary situations. I wanted to get the problem resolved so I could have my quality of life back. Cars, houses and stuff can be replaced and I am young enough to recover from the fiscal mess. I just wanted it fixed, not masked.

I think the biggest problem is that the majority of patients to not realize that these doctors we go to are paid by us. So in essence they work for us and we have the authority to fire them and find another one. Not get get the answers you are looking for, but for one to listen and explain things. Not to say touch your toes, bend this way and that way and tell you you're fine. For the most part WE know our own bodies and we know when something is wrong, so listen to us.

However, my wife works for an internal medical/infectious decease Doctor and do I hear the stories about the kooks. So in their defense I can almost see a kind of prequalifying going on when certain medical findings do not support the symptoms. We just have to find the one that can see through this troubled medical system that we have and remember what it is they do. I think every doctor should read and reflect on that oath once at the beginning of every week. And then save the drinks for Friday night. That is if they're not on call.
(no Problems)
4-07 Fall down step holding daughter
5-07 L5-S1 buldge MRI
9-07 L5-S1 herniation W/DDD and annular tear MRI
3 epidurals / 2 nerve root injection / 6 weeks of PT

8/01/2008 L4-S1 Posterior Spinal fusion only, using the PEEK ROD system. No Vertebral spacer and disc is still there. So is the pain!!!!

4 More weeks of PT and things are worse now than before.
I must train again.