View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 10:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to tisury

I went down to 50 mcg from 100 mcg after my last surgery, but have been unable to go any lower. Still having a real rough time with the sciatic pain and pain in my hips. I will try to post more later, but the short version of my story is that although my front leg pain is much better since the last surgery, the pain in the low back, back of legs, and hips is real bad. I am still far from being a fully functioning person, have very little qualtiy of life, still on more meds than I care to be, and truthfully, I don't feel as I have any options left anymore. As for the patches, it has me a little concerned about what exactly the "defect" is and how they are sure it does not affect the other dosages. If you are on the 25 mcg, it must be really hard to get your meds. The only other brand I know of is Mylan, and in my opinion they aren't worth the money. Could never get that brand to stick to me for more than a couple hours and they are intended to last 2 to 3 days. Have not heard of any Mylan recalls though. There has always been somewhat of a risk even before the recall, and I would advise anyone who feels "different" after changing a patch to remove it and contact their doctor.
Oct 2004-very minor improvement -severe nerve pain in hips,legs, and backside has not improved.
Rhizotomy L2-L5 no relief
Sept 2005-Positional MRI shows bulges at L3-4 &
L4-5 impinging on nerves
May 2006 Nuleoplasty L3-5 no help
May 22 2007-2nd ADR surgery-2 level Prodisc (L34 &
L45) & vertebroplasty - Dr. Bertagnoli -Germany.

Last edited by tisury; 02-19-2008 at 10:19 PM.