View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 05:37 PM

Default Discogram results

The only thing I have thus far are the immediate pain indicators. This was a lumbar discogram and 3 needles were used...

L-3/L-4 only mild pressure

L-4/L-5 Mild pain when the disc was pressurized. Pain level about a 5-6 but tolerable.

L-5/S-1 It was as if God himself inflicted the pain at his max level. The pain was focused only in the back and was very intense. So intense that the Dr. would not put any more pressure in the disc to emulate the sciatic pain in the legs. I ended up with 200 mgs of pro something and 10 mgs of percocet about 20 minutes later in recovery. Then I was wheeled off for the CAT scan and will have those results tomorrow.

Both Doctors were in agreement to have L-5/S-1 removed and had other suggestions for the surgeon in respect to L-4/L-5. This will be discussed more at the follow up.

I actually had started having doubts and thought maybe this would just go away and heal. I mean after doing nothing for a few months I actually felt like I could tolerate the pain. But after that pain from the procedure, there is no doubt in my mind any longer. It is the worst feeling in the world not to have no control over your body because of pain. There was no tapping out of that one.

I understand it was a necessary evil and don't want to scare anyone who is having this done. But if the disc is not the problem, it won't hurt.

I'll keep everyone updated on the progress.

Thanks to Mark and the members for everything.
(no Problems)
4-07 Fall down step holding daughter
5-07 L5-S1 buldge MRI
9-07 L5-S1 herniation W/DDD and annular tear MRI
3 epidurals / 2 nerve root injection / 6 weeks of PT

8/01/2008 L4-S1 Posterior Spinal fusion only, using the PEEK ROD system. No Vertebral spacer and disc is still there. So is the pain!!!!

4 More weeks of PT and things are worse now than before.
I must train again.