View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 01:21 PM

Thumbs up Hotel Romerhof

I have just returned from the Hotel Romerhof and it was wonderful!! The service and the food are fabuolus and I can be a hotel snob. We joked that they must've had cameras on us because they anticpated our needs in advance without us even asking. For instance, when I arrived there from the hospital I sat on the bed and was quietly observing that everything seemed to0 low for a recovering spine patient. Next, there comes a knock on the door with a handicapped toilet seat! And they have a luggage rack they will bring to your room because the bench intended for that is too low. We were drinking so much coffee at breakfast that they starting bringing us full pots and even had one delivered to our door on the morning. They also have a coffee machine for your room if you ask. From the front desk to the cleaners to the restaurant, they are so accustomed to seeing patients and your special needs so I always felt comfortable. I would bring three pillows to breakfast and dinner and no one batted an eye - they just want to see me feel better.
The food in the restaurant is fabulous. Mark mentioned the white perch and I have to agree!! The salads are fresh and crisp. I hear the soup is great although after 3 days of broth in the hospital I'm not sure I'll ever eat soup again. Jean and I still talk about the breakfasts we miss. The fresh breads and cheeses just can't be beat!!

I give it 5 stars!

Cheryl