View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
After months of physical therapy, injections I went to yet another spine docotor Here's what he said:

"Sometimes life throws us curveballs, I can't play volleyball anymore and I've learned to live with that. You need to do the same. Here's the name of two mental health professionals" - Dr. in Charlotte

Yeah if I didn't need a mental health professional before him I sure did afterwards!

It sucks looking "normal" and feeling so bad.
Let me tell ya what you do with that curve ball. You crack that damn thing 450' dead center field with the bases loaded. That's what you do.

I had a very good client give me great advice one day, And yes he was a shrink. This was about 10 years ago.

He said ,"Marty, you're not your chipper energetic self today"?

I told him that I was having some problems at home and would probably be getting divorced.

He asked me if it could be saved?

I told him NO. And explained what happened.

He asked if I felt bad.

I said very much so.

He asks me if I like to feel that way.

I looked at him kind puzzled and said NO.

And he said, "THEN DON'T".

It took a couple of days for that to sink in and realized that I had made a choice to feel that way and I could make the same choice not to feel that way. Our brains are very powerful tools once we learn to control it and not let it control us.

Keep swinging for the fence, eventually you'll get a hold of it.
(no Problems)
4-07 Fall down step holding daughter
5-07 L5-S1 buldge MRI
9-07 L5-S1 herniation W/DDD and annular tear MRI
3 epidurals / 2 nerve root injection / 6 weeks of PT

8/01/2008 L4-S1 Posterior Spinal fusion only, using the PEEK ROD system. No Vertebral spacer and disc is still there. So is the pain!!!!

4 More weeks of PT and things are worse now than before.
I must train again.