View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 06:44 PM

Diane,

It's good to 'hear' your voice. You have such a positive attitude and have every hope for an uncomplicated recovery. Getting meds right can take a little time but all in all, each day only gets better.

I'm glad you posted about the discography/discogram. I know I've posted this before but it warrants repeating. I too shared your apprehension while waiting for the test. In fact, I would catagorize my feelings as outright petrofying fear. It overshadowed my decision making processes. I agree that I barely felt the needles until my discs were pressurized. And then by the time you feel that jolt of pain, it's already over. The pain lasts for less than a second. My fears were based on posts from others and were a waste of my time and energies. For others about to undergo this test, or needing one in the future, fear not. The pains we get from slamming our limbs into things or stubbing toes or cutting fingers are livable (and no one fears opening envelopes) and so is this test. If it's needed, go for it.

Diane, my best to you and Mark, Dale