Thread: I'm NEW here..
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 02:39 AM

Default Welcome!

Hello Aimee!
I was your age when I injured myself at work as an RN. Now I'm ancient! Or nearly double that almost. Still with back probs.

It's a different world out there today re how the bad back is looked at, treated and options for care tho usually unless terribly disrupted in the beginning there's that period of rest and relaxing the injured part to see if it will recup of it's own volition. Always a preferable choice over surgery and the other stuff leading up to it. Tho not always the option if things are bad enough.

I'm hoping for your sake you've just muscle spasms or a strain and that's all and that with some rest and disuse you will be back doing whatever it is you do just like before you hurt your spine.

Sorry you had to hurt your back to find us, tho hopefully in some way this forum will be helpful to you, even if it's because you found out about it and you recover fully tho end up referring someone who is far worse off than you are or will be~

Hang in there with your injury and hope the hurt and/or disuse (necessary enforced rest of injured part) will soon be over~ Maria