Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss I'm NEW here.. in the Main forums forums; Hi everyone!! I just wanted to introduce myself and say HELLO!! I am not really sure how all of this ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 08:15 PM

Default I'm NEW here..

Hi everyone!!

I just wanted to introduce myself and say HELLO!!

I am not really sure how all of this works, I am 28 and I just hurt by low back pretty bad last Saturday 29th of March,while at work. I was looking up some of the symptoms I am having and it brought me to this site.

I guess I will take a look around and see if I can figure some of my situation out.

Talk 2 U later,
Aimee
Old 04-05-2008, 02:39 AM

Default Welcome!

Hello Aimee!
I was your age when I injured myself at work as an RN. Now I'm ancient! Or nearly double that almost. Still with back probs.

It's a different world out there today re how the bad back is looked at, treated and options for care tho usually unless terribly disrupted in the beginning there's that period of rest and relaxing the injured part to see if it will recup of it's own volition. Always a preferable choice over surgery and the other stuff leading up to it. Tho not always the option if things are bad enough.

I'm hoping for your sake you've just muscle spasms or a strain and that's all and that with some rest and disuse you will be back doing whatever it is you do just like before you hurt your spine.

Sorry you had to hurt your back to find us, tho hopefully in some way this forum will be helpful to you, even if it's because you found out about it and you recover fully tho end up referring someone who is far worse off than you are or will be~

Hang in there with your injury and hope the hurt and/or disuse (necessary enforced rest of injured part) will soon be over~ Maria
Old 04-05-2008, 03:55 AM

Hi Aimee and welcome to the forum. Your injury is very new still, even though it may seem like too long when you're in pain, to worry too much. I used to have muscle spasms that would last weeks and sometimes literally couldn't move without gasping in pain for days. My doctor advised that if it hurt that much to move, and it did, that I get into my recliner and stay there until it didn't hurt to move. He claimed my muscles were in a 'protective mode' and doing what they should. That intense pain always did subside and as such, were not a serious enough injury to warrant further treatment.

A herniated disc is another matter, which an MRI will reveal. Your doctor might order one if your pain rediates into your hips or down your legs, or the pain does not subside for awhile but we're getting way ahead of ourselves. Rest, rest, rest should be the order of the day

Good luck to you, Dale