View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 05:58 PM

I am so enormously grateful to my husband and though I tell him, he'll really never know.

I've seen the anger and hostility in some that were no longer healthy and somewhat or fully incapacitated. They tended to take out their frustrations on those closest to them. I saw my father treat my mother quite badly after his bypass surgery until hating myself, I intervened by yelling at this very sick man.

I swore I would not lose my patience and treat my own husband badly but as a woman, I suppose I was able to cry - a lot. It's a difficult situation when a loved one is chronically ill. It is a lose/lose situation and I am pleased that I can now help out another family suffering similarly. Small gestures like going to the market or Target, or even cooking a meal are so appreciated.

It's too bad for too many that they have to live through this experience before they understand that these little gestures that make a big difference for everyone.

Wendy, I so wish you and your husband an easier time. We're also here to support each other so please post as often as you want. Venting to others can relieve tensions and knowing you're not alone, that others have walked in your shoes and come out whole gives you hope.

My best to you, Dale