View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 03:50 PM

Job13,

If anything, our medical community is known for it's secrecy. Finding a doctor today that is more concerned with a patient's welfare instead of their own self serving needs is rare today, especially for specialties.

I was amazed that my neuro, knowing that other procedures existed, failed to tell me about them because he didn't perform them and because it had not yet passed FDA trials, was not legally bound. However, he was more than happy to perform another diso/lami knowing, yet failing to tell me, that the success rate was drastically reduced and would more than likely lead to further DDD. This is only 1 example of why it is so necessary for patients to become educated, not to believe everything they're told, and get more than 1opinion.

Even on this forum, some sing the praises of doctors with whom others have had negative experiences. Even medications, designed to help have been known to kill and only after the fact does the truth come out that these dangers were known all along. Manufacturing warnings are meant more to protect the manufacturer than the public. In today's day, legalities and rightousness have little to do with each other.

Bottom line, read, learn, ask questions, make up your own mind. It's your body, your suffering and your possible relief.