View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 05:39 AM

Default This is utterly amazing.

I just read Ken's story...That is really something. I've been studying this stuff for many years now, and am not usually surprised, but this entire surgical plan of attack and apparent solution is an eye opener!
I have been struggling for the last 1-1/2 years with intense pain and worsening problems in my low back. I have 3 artificial discs in my lumbar spine (and 2 in my cervical spine; those are great!), and my top-most lumbar Charite (L-3/4) is rotated and tilted.
My functionality is still better than before the ADR surgery, but the back and leg pain has become a nightmare. I work 40 hours per week as a graphic designer (praise God!!!), but the rest of the time, I'm pretty much laying on the floor or in bed.
Revision surgery may possibly be for me at some point in the future, so this intrigues me very much, as it may have some application to my problems.
Thanks Mark, for bringing this to light. I hope Ken continues to improve!
God Bless,
Jeff
Two level cervical Mobi-C (C5/6, C6/7) 2/2/07 with Dr. Zeegers (successful)
Laser Facet Coagulation (left side: L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1 & sacral) 11/04/10 with Prof. Dr. Reul / Beta Klinik (significant reduction in remnant lumbar & sacral pain)