Thread: prodisc-L L4-L5
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 01:12 PM

hello everyone
well its been a week since my last posting and i have great news.
as we all know ive returned to work and did work 35 hrs on my feet last week. well needless to say after work the feet were very sore. but as reported in prev posts i was waking with both legs numb below the knees that has now pasted. thank god!!
before surgery i had a numb burning spot on my upper thigh which is NO LONGER THERE!! and my legs now feel pretty good apon waking. with the right leg feeling almost 100% and the left leg still having slight numbness which passes pretty fast, now apon waking today after working 35 hrs last week on my feet both legs feel almost normal. only having a small numb spot on the bottom of the left foot just behind the center toes. and now for the back yesterday at work i was able to get behind a injection molding press and work on a mold in the press flexing and stretching without any problems to speak of.
next week we try to work 8 hrs aday for the three days before the holiday. i am hopeing to fair very well.!!
a very special thanks to PRO-SPINE and all there staff. anyone thinking of going over seas to have there surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli should be able to make that choice without any regrets!!!!
i surely dont and if i had to do it agian i surly would do it agian, Dr. B, Anita the Pro Spine Staff And all The Hospital Staff are all Wonderfull and Surely Are WORLD CLASS in there Care And Treatment. anyone needing help making this choice please feel free to contact me as i will be more then willing to help you!!
its been a rough recovery for me. and this procedure should'nt be taken with a gain of salt. and by all means dont listen to your surgeons. ADR RECOVERY IS NOT A WALK IN THE PARK!! i am able to report this good news of my recovery after 15 weeks 3 days post-op. so needless to say 6weeks is bullcrap. real life numbers are 10 to 16 weeks if there was alot of disc space missing. anyone with hardly any space left at the surgery level can expect some nasty distraction pains! and mind you this distraction pain i am talking about is very bad!! dont let anyone fool you.
but again it was worth it,as it does go away in time and my spine is now stable.
best wishes
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5