View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 02:28 AM

It's easy to get off track and hijack your own threat when it come to that stuff......

So, back on track.

Had my follow-up today and played a great joke on the PA when she came out to get me. All she saw was my shorts and a Phillies shirt and she kinda looked at me weird. So I came right out and said, "I got tired of that damn brace and don't need it anymore." Now the whole reception area was in on it and when she started going off, I lifted my shirt and there was the brace. Worked perfectly and they all loved it as the other patients roared. Gotta have a good sense of humor, if not, I'll go nuts....Man if looks could kill, I thought she was going to rip my face off if I didn't have that brace on. LMAO

Anyway, I was told everything looks great. I went over some of the symptoms and it was accredited to too much activity and a bit of irritation. But I am told to keep an eye on it and not do too much. He tells me about 10 more weeks 24/7 with the brace, then we can start on some PT. I am feeling better as the days go by. But it's almost and exponential kind of success thus far. This is where my mind and common sense will have to come into play.

But things have been great other than those few minor problems and I look forward to a full 100% recovery. They want to get me some type of bone stim machine to aid in the fusion process.

We'll keep everyone posted.
(no Problems)
4-07 Fall down step holding daughter
5-07 L5-S1 buldge MRI
9-07 L5-S1 herniation W/DDD and annular tear MRI
3 epidurals / 2 nerve root injection / 6 weeks of PT

8/01/2008 L4-S1 Posterior Spinal fusion only, using the PEEK ROD system. No Vertebral spacer and disc is still there. So is the pain!!!!

4 More weeks of PT and things are worse now than before.
I must train again.