View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 07:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to racergaldar
Default Workers Comp and private insurance

The one good thing about my slip & fall at work is that as an HR Professional, I'm gaining knowledge and experience in the WC process so that I can help our employees who may (none so far) who have to go through this arduous process.

Since my injury in Jan 08, I've done excessive research (more than most HR) about the WC's system and spent hours on the Calif WC website, researched the ACOEM Guidelines (WC uses to make UR decisions), studied physician's and third party requirements. Even after all this, its still difficult to understand all these requirements.

I debated whether going the WC way, and still unsure whether it was the right decision. Our employer's private insurance approves discography and ADR when medically necessary and thinking about how to get out of WC. I've been told by the adjuster if I send a letter relinquishing all claims I can do that, but then I still don't know if my private insurance will cover considering it was WC.

Has anyone been able to switch from WC to private insurance? what did you do and what are the issues?