View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 05:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G

WC has been a double edged sword for me. They approve things after ALOT of begging & waiting. The adjusters job is to deny deny deny until they wear us out. You have to be a patient patient but keep on them. I got approval for my Prodisc by having my companies medical director call the insurance adjuster. When my company sent me for examination, they gave me a choice of 3-4 doctors to see. I chose the one who was ADR friendly (Vaccaro in Philly) It's a game and you have to know how to play it. Its frustrating at times but you have to get past that. I wanted to keep my claim a WC claim for alot of reasons. One of which is that they pay for my meds which at face value cost 2000+ per month. The doctors & nurses at work are helpful. Without them on my team it would be much harder Im sure.
Im now trying to get them to cover a mental health professional. I've left 2 messages so far with no reply. Its a game they play. As long as I get the answering machine they don't have to deal with me and can continue to put me off (saving their ins. company money every day they delay) It's not easy dealing with a-holes when you're in pain but if I want these things I have to play their sick f@!#ing game.
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC