View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 12:06 AM

My muscle twitching was not in my back but in my legs. I had severe nerve damage to my left leg and to a much less extent, my right leg. I don't remember it being painful so I would have to say no, the muscle did not contract.

In the beginning, the muscles twitched in my thighs and less often in my left calf. This could last half an hour but again, was not painful, just bothersome. I could see it but repositioning didn't stop it. All of this has diminshed to the point that by the time I notice the twitching, it has already stopped.

This started at about 4-5 months after surgery and just lessened over time. I should also tell you that my leg 'died' in surgery. I was unable to feel anything or move either leg waking up from surgery. I immediately started on Neurontin and within days, I could move my legs but they both became hypersensitive with anything, including the touch of the blanket, causing severe pain. I was on crutches for 5 months and Dilaudid for 6 months. My left leg is still weaker than the right and causes its own limitations to my life.

About this time last year I decided that the Neurontin/Lyrica interfered more with my life than the pain so I chose pain. Sometimes I second guess myself but if the pain gets too bad, I just take my meds and zone out for a little while. This however is a personal choice that can only be made by the individual affected.

Did you experience any nerve damage and could this be a result of that? Do you now or did you need a pain managment doctor? He was the one who explained all of this to me.

Dale