Thread: The Darkness
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 11:18 PM

Unhappy The Darkness

Alastair mentioned something on Geoff’s blog that I don’t believe has previously been discussed, specifically, your mindset. Though our backs may be fixed, our minds always manage to get back to that dark place whenever we feel a twinge, or worse. I suppose this is true with any chronic condition.

Though no one posting on this forum can boast 10 or more years of an improved lifestyle, would that really matter? Is fear a natural consequence when someone suffers a life altering health issue despite having had that issue resolved via surgery or alternative remedies?

Does this fear even have to be related to our health? What about any catastrophic occurrence such as an earthquake, tornado or hurricane? There’s also IRS audits or financial concerns, not to mention the dreaded computer crash as I had just yesterday. A little frozen moment and I’m already pricing out new computers.

So why do we store life’s adversities in the deepest crevices of our minds and go there time and time again over every little blip? Why don’t we break out in side hurting, uncontrolled laughter when something reminds us of those other moments that we all have had the pleasure of experiencing as well, instead of just smiling fondly?

Why is the darkness such a part of our lives? Is anyone really successful at living in the present? What is your secret?