View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 12:37 PM

Almost 3 months post op and I'm back to square 1 and then some. I have always had numbness in my toes during the onset of the sciatic pain down the right leg, but for the first time the past two weeks have been pure hell. My calf and the arch of my foot feels like a muscle cramp. However, the muscle is not tight and is not cramping. My big toe is has gone past the tingle and now hurts like crazy. I have started to develop some pain in the front of my leg for the first time. My back is always at some type of pain level, either dull and achy or sharp and burning. While it is sharp and burning, the pain shoots down the glutes and into the foot rather quickly and it's right back to bed to lie down. I am also having some overcompensating issues, but that is to be expected as well as some atrophy and muscle cramping/spasms thereof.

I am hoping that this is part of the recovery process, but I am beginning to doubt that with the symptoms getting worse as the days go on. I have my next followup Nov. 3rd with x-rays, so I would imagine that would be the indicator. We'll see what he wants to do and maybe PT will help. I can deal with the pain if I have the right combo of meds and rest, but that is no way to live my life. Now on the other hand if this is the way it's going to be, so be it. Just tell me the deal with no fluff and I'll adjust. I think I am past broken promises part.

I did question the Doctor blasting my nerve root during one of the
root injections and I was told that it would heal over time. I can't see how that would lead to the increase of pain now, unless it's easily irritated due to a combination of the injury and the little doctor mishap.

If anyone has any incite at all, I would love to hear it. Just no fluff, please. I'll will keep the board posted as we progress.

Thanks all and good luck.
(no Problems)
4-07 Fall down step holding daughter
5-07 L5-S1 buldge MRI
9-07 L5-S1 herniation W/DDD and annular tear MRI
3 epidurals / 2 nerve root injection / 6 weeks of PT

8/01/2008 L4-S1 Posterior Spinal fusion only, using the PEEK ROD system. No Vertebral spacer and disc is still there. So is the pain!!!!

4 More weeks of PT and things are worse now than before.
I must train again.