View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to racergaldar
Lightbulb

Welcome to our world!

I'm not far behind you. I found the surgery blogs to be very helpful to explain the details before and after surgery. Do a lot of research, write down all your questions, put them in priority and ask your doctor. You probably won't have enough time to get them all answered, but I found by making an appt with the physician's asst, I was given enough time to get all my questions answered. I also talked to the PA over the phone.

If you're getting the ProDisc, go to their website (Synthes ProDisc) and go to the section for surgeons. Its hard to find, but there is a video (almost looks like a doctor's training video) on how the do the procedure. Study it and if anything pops up that concerns you, write it down and ask the doctor. I also found a lot of interesting videos on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. with actual procedures.

Keep us posted. Just as you are asking these questions, there will be someone else asking the same questions and you'll be able to help others.

ps: I just moved from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood (Van Buren Street) last year. I miss swimming in the ocean by moonlight:-)