View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 12:43 AM

Hey Jamie and welcome,

Been here, done that. Your fear is oh so normal. Your recovery period varies. I've noticed that those who seem to do very well initially, they seem to get most of their lives back at about 6 months. For those who have initial difficulties but who will also ultimately find success in their surgery, the recovery can take 2 years. There is absolutely no science behind this, only observation.

This surgery and your decision to move forward is huge. You'd be nervous and excited to get eyes fixed so when talking about your spine, of course you'd expect these feelings to be magnified. This is a life altering decision and surgery.

As for your pain, each person is different. My incision didn't hurt much at all but for other's it was a real problem. For me, nerve damage in my left leg overshadowed everything. So look at it this way, you'll deal with whatever you have to whenever you have to. All of us who walked in your shoes knows what you're feeling and yet, we have all survived it. Concentrate on the day after surgery when it's already behind you. Don't worry about jumping out of your skin, it stretches!

I wish you every good luck and please keep us posted.

Dale