View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 12:40 PM

Mark, I had a posterior lumbar fusion from L4-S-1. The total costs thus far have been below 200k according to the medical notices that I have been receiving from the insurance company. I think they may have payed about 10% of that due to agreements. I have saved everyone. So if they are needed to compare for litigation, I have no problem faxing them over.

As far as Medical Financing, I have been a Finance Manager/Broker for about 15 years. The only company that I am aware of that does this type of financing is or was JayHawk's Medical Finance. Their product did not work in the Auto industry and they went to the medical industry, financing anything from Major surgeries to cosmetic surgery. Which I believe they filed for Chapter 11 a couple of years ago.

Jayhawk Acceptance Corp. reaches agreement withprimary lenders and files plan of reorganization. | Company Activities & Management > Financial Performance & Reports from AllBusiness.com

It sounds like to me the Medical system he used is taking him deep due to the difference in costs between the insured and uninsured.

If I can help in anyway, let me know.

Here are a couple of others I searched for...

Reliance Medical Finance

MyMedicalLoan.com - Loans for cosmetic, visions, dentistry and other medical procedures.
(no Problems)
4-07 Fall down step holding daughter
5-07 L5-S1 buldge MRI
9-07 L5-S1 herniation W/DDD and annular tear MRI
3 epidurals / 2 nerve root injection / 6 weeks of PT

8/01/2008 L4-S1 Posterior Spinal fusion only, using the PEEK ROD system. No Vertebral spacer and disc is still there. So is the pain!!!!

4 More weeks of PT and things are worse now than before.
I must train again.

Last edited by martyusa; 11-12-2008 at 12:43 PM.