View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmglobal View Post
most of the time I was on Neurontin was at 900mg/day. I did not like the brain fog and would not let the doc ramp me up to 3600. Rarely, I would take a 4th 300mg neurontin at night to help sleep.

This level of medication did help substantially with my leg pain.
That's the biggest problem I has with my oops...For months I was taking 3 100mg tabs at night before bed. And yes it did help me get through the night a bit. During my last re-fill, I was given a 3 month supply. What they failed to tell me and what I failed to look at was it went from 100 mg tabs to 300 mg tabs. So I was still taking the 3 tabs as I habitually had taken for months. I didn't notice much of a decrease in pain as I did feeling cloudy. Almost as if I had a sluggish, congested type head cold with almost 0 concentration. Almost like it was an extra effort I had to put forth.

I didn't notice the problem until I went to refill after 30 days.....Now everything goes into a daily pill tray. If Monday is empty, I know I already had taken it. Pain meds are on the 3's...i.e. 12,3,6,9 and so on. I just count whats left if I think I missed one. It's kinda scary when you can't remember if you took your meds 20 minutes ago!!!!
(no Problems)
4-07 Fall down step holding daughter
5-07 L5-S1 buldge MRI
9-07 L5-S1 herniation W/DDD and annular tear MRI
3 epidurals / 2 nerve root injection / 6 weeks of PT

8/01/2008 L4-S1 Posterior Spinal fusion only, using the PEEK ROD system. No Vertebral spacer and disc is still there. So is the pain!!!!

4 More weeks of PT and things are worse now than before.
I must train again.