View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie G View Post
I prefer Neurontin to Lyrica. I take 1800-2400mg and it helps the leg pain. I never got foggy but I do get foggy from the Oxy so who knows.

You definitely need a strong back for the 'ol ground & pound. I can't imagine trying to wrestle with my back. Are you a heavyweight? Maybe when you get better you can fight Lesnar. I wouldn't blame you if you fight him dirty either. The only way to beat that guy is to punch him in the yambag!

On stage I was teetering from Middle to light heavy (176-185). I would never roll at that weight due to the simple fact of how depleted the body is. I would now jump in about 200. However, in my youth I was full of P+V at 140.

BTW, they all fight dirty. But it's a clean kinda dirty. No groin shots and no eyes. PKA and KICK rule were different when I started, then it became real and that's when the real pain started. Luckily I had a great ground coach and live only 1 hour from the Dillman camp. Dillman was great for P.P. training which was great for us strikers learning ground later.

It was fun while it lasted. But at 42, one must face reality and realize that it's over. Knowing what I know now, I never would have gone F.C. It's not worth it when we get older. The ones that suffer are the kids and that's just not fair to them.
(no Problems)
4-07 Fall down step holding daughter
5-07 L5-S1 buldge MRI
9-07 L5-S1 herniation W/DDD and annular tear MRI
3 epidurals / 2 nerve root injection / 6 weeks of PT

8/01/2008 L4-S1 Posterior Spinal fusion only, using the PEEK ROD system. No Vertebral spacer and disc is still there. So is the pain!!!!

4 More weeks of PT and things are worse now than before.
I must train again.