View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 03:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G

Im in the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases. I found an unsecured network to do my updates on. Surgery went well. My blood pressure was a little high but thats expected with all the pain. The fusion took 5 hours on Tuesday afternoon, and I was up walking around today. Only a little but it meant alot to me to get out of bed considering my disk replacement had me stuck in bed unable to even roll over for 3 days. Today is the first day I can eat solid foods since my belly finally woke up. EVERYONE seemed obsessed with me being able to pass gas so every time they walk in the room I rip a loud one and give a big thumbs up. I guess that may be why they stopped asking me.
I hate pain pumps I could hit the button every 6 minutes so when I would fall asleep and miss a few doses I would wake up in horrible pain and have to wait 18 minutes to feel SLIGHT relief. Once they put me back on Oxycontin my pain was manageable. It's an 8 until I get up then tummy hurts up to 10.
Surgery went well. Great surgical team.
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC