View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 11:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G
Default ImTattleTak

Hi Mom. I'm going to tell on you for the way you bend over, so now you're in BIG trouble! Whenever Mom bends over she locks her knees and bends at the hips. I have been telling her for years that that is the WORST thing she can do for her back. I always tell her to bend her knees but she says she will fall. I gave her a cane yesterday to help with that, and it did work when she tried it, but old habits are hard to break. Can someone back me up on this because I don't think she believes me. Is there any medical evidence to show that bending over like that is bad for the spine? I was always told that at work by the safety & medical people.

You're in trouble now Mom!!!!

The Coumadin really limits alot of what she can do. She can't eat anything with Vitamin K, any carrots, salads, anything that will naturally thin the blood. I heard they don't take Coumadin in Europe and they thin the blood through diet. That seems much healthier. I would hate to take a drug that would limit me eating salads, spinach & carrots. Can't the blood be thinned by eating aspirin, spinach & salads?

I gave Mom a cool cane to use when she needs to bend. It has a skull head handle! She will totally fit in at an outlaw biker bar now. Maybe it's time for an eyebrow piercing and some tattoos now!!!
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC