View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 03:17 AM

Question Dynesys Removal Anyone??

Hi im a newbie, and have a question

I had the Dynesys system put in in September of 2007 on levels L3-S1 for 3 herniated disks... Well my back pain is somewhat better and on the MRI it appears that everything is in tact, but I am having increased radiating pain in both of my legs and feet. On the MRI that was taken over the summer it showed improvement on the L3-4 and L4-5 disks but the L5-S1 was still herniated. I have been having a LOT of trouble with numbness in my feet too...

So after much fighting with the WC ins company I got the approval to have the Dynesys removed, but they only approved it as an outpatient, that doesnt seem really kosher to me.. Having it put in I couldnt even walk until like 30 hours post op. I know removal is often times easier then putting it in, but outpatient?

I am seeing the surgeon on Friday to get his input and ive postponed scheduling it till then. I am wondering if anyone here has had the dynesys system put in and taken out and what they have experienced with it? Was it easier or worse getting it out and how long of a recovery was it for getting it out?

Thanks for your input,,, I appreciate it!

Star