View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 AM

Smile New to this site

Hello everyone,
I was just introduced to this site by a friend on another site. I recognize a lot of the names on here, so I'm not new to all of you, just some. I have been married for 6 years and have two daughters, Emma 5 & 1/2 years and Ava 3 years.

I have been living with debilitating back pain for 3 years. I was hit by an 18 wheeler when I was 2 weeks post partum with my second daughter. We were very fortunate to not have died in the wreck. Both of my daughters, 2 weeks and 2 & 1/2 years, at the time of the wreck, were physically unharmed. Myself, on the other hand, had back pain within an hour of the wreck. I think the adrenaline and momma bear in me had me worrying about my kids and the pain did not kick in until we were in the ER and the girls had been deemed ok.

I was given a Rx for Vicodin and sent home, told I would feel better in a few days. Well, that came and went, many dr visits, MRI's, chiropractic, PT, accupuncture, IDET, facet injections, epidural injections, nerve conduction testing, massage therapy, TENS thearapy, decompression, 2 discograms (both 10/10 in L4/5), and a bi-lateral neurotomy L3-4-5 later, and I am still in pain. None of the treatment I have had has helped any of the pain. The only relief I get is from pain medication.

I am a canidate for Pro-Disc L, have been denied by insurance and am waiting on answer to my appeal. If that doesn't work out, I plan on being in the Freedom Disc clinical trial. I see Dr. Zigler at TBI in Plano.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you and getting and giving advice!

Kathy
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!