Thread: Welcome Newbies
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmglobal View Post
After a year and a half, we moved the community over to ADR Support. I think that Justin (Dr. J) was the first to be banned from BPSG. Harrison, Alastair and I, along with Justin, were the band of 4 forum leaders and soon we were all banned. Shortly after that, anyone who said anything nice about me or mentioned the new forum was banned, and we were joined at ADR Support by dozens of the old crew. (Sound familiar?)
What does BPSG stand for? Did you, Justin, Harrison and Alastair all have your own forums? Or did you all start ADR support together? So Harrison was one who was censored and left? And now is doing the same thing to others?

Quote:
The “banned of 4” moved the community over to ADR Support in December of 2004 and again, we all worked very hard to build the community into the best place on the internet for the new technology information seekers.... I’ve now observed > 200 spine surgeries of all different kinds, have attended dozens of conferences and classes, and have a unique body of experience that makes my input valuable to my clients, and to the online patient community as well. Unfortunately, this experience was deemed to be at odds with the goals of ADR Support and in March of 2006, I was banned. The process was pretty outrageous and many things that were just flat-out untrue were said. An email was sent to all ADR Support members stating, “We believe that clearly separating commercial contacts is the best way to provide transparency within the Forum, as well as clarity and freedom of choice to each individual member.”
So, you all started ADR together? Was it 4 forums made into one? Or new? So, you weren't kicked off for trying to get 'new clients'; but because you were becoming more experienced, learning more and maybe making a particular someone jealous or feel inferior to you? This is just crazy to me.

Quote:
Here on iSpine, you do have a choice.

There is no entity that is the arbiter of correct and incorrect information. You may disagree to your heart’s content. It is up to the reader to determine the value of the information presented by all members.
You must be kidding, you aren't the 'God' of Ispine?

Quote:
I will NEVER read your private messages, unless they are sent specifically to me. Surreptitiously reading other people’s communication is just wrong.
I suspected that this might be a problem at ADR and chose my titles carefully. After the pm's I sent telling we were leaving, I am probably banned by now.

Quote:
I will NEVER edit a post, then edit the database to cover tracks. That is just wrong. Transparency is not just a word to bat about... it's a way of approaching one's resoponsibility to those we serve.
Thank you, because it is extremely irritating to be re-reading a post of yours that has been so edited, that it's not even what you wrote anymore. Or having a post locked, just so the administrator can have the last word.

Quote:
This is a tough community. Many of us are in chronic pain, on huge doses of medications, severely depressed and literally have our lives crumbling around us. (These are the folks that are doing well… the severe patients are much worse! … OK, bad joke.) .
Unfortuantely, not a joke. Maybe someday, with this site and many faithful doctors, leaders, patients and others it won't have to be this way for others that walk this road behind us.

Thank you Mark, I don't know you; but already like your personality and humor. Can't wait to get to know you better.
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!