Thread: New Here...
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 04:50 PM

When do you leave for Belize? Does your wife get to join you for any part of it? That would be nice.

Actually, my wife will be going with me. I am just scheduling the rotation now, but I won't actually be in Belize until sometime in 2010--I'm still trying to decide the month. As you can see, we have to plan rotations well in advance.

I have a question for you. I do go get my 6 month post op fusion cat scan and x-ray in roughly 2.5 weeks, but.... this has really been disconcerting to me. I feel and hear this clunk sound in my low back when I move or stretch a certain way. It's a real obvious clunk, almost like something is catching, if you will. I don't know how else to explain it. It has me worried that maybe I'm not fusing and something is messed up with the hardware. Does that remotely sound like a hardware issue? I realize I should know something soon, I'm just wigging out.

The clunking sound does sound interesting, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions. I remember many patients on various forums that reported similar "sounds," most of which were transient in nature. At this point, I wouldn't worry--I know easier said then done. The upcoming xray should help greatly. Keep us posted.

Some good news: I will be getting some last minute injections in both my trochanteric bursa this Monday, before we leave for Mexico. I hope they help. At 22 below up here in Minnesota yesterday, I can't wait to get out of here for a week! Give me some sunshine, baby!

Wow, this is great news! I hope they help. Have a great time in Mexico--it should be a lot warmer than 22 below!!

Please keep me posted on your status as well. What's next for you? Besides Belize?!

My next step is a lumbar myelogram on 1/30. Drs. Bertagnoli and Fenk-Mayer have been waiting on my myelogram to "definitively" say what's going on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I don't think the myelogram will reveal anything positive.

Have fun in Mexico--I'm jealous--where in Mexico are you headed???
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.