Thread: New Here...
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 08:28 PM

I was hesitant about going to Belize with my pain, but it was the opportunity of a lifetime that I just could not pass up. I have not been many places outside the US, only one trip to Jamaica. My sister has a friend who owns a house in Belize and had invited her and another friend down for a visit. My sister was able to extend the invitation to me as well.

The roads were the worst as far as my back goes, not helped by our hosts driving abilities . But I wouldn't have passed it up for anything. I was able to climb up and down the pyramids, though we made sure to schedule recovery days in between most of the more active days. I did ask my doctor if it would be safe for me to do the zipline through the jungle, and the inner-tube down the river through the caves, and she did say I should be fine. Which was wonderful as those were two things I really wanted to do, and I highly recommend.

One place that we did not go was to any of the Cayes. Her house was up in the mountains, so it would have required at least three days to make it worthwhile, and there were just too many other things we wanted to do. Next trip there .

Justin, let me know if you'd like any advice on things to do. We were there for two weeks, but maybe you will have enough time to do as many things as possible. I would say that you might want to avoid high summer and the rainy season (which I think starts in March). Really the best time is Winter, maybe November to February.