View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 10:55 PM

Hi Justin, I dont know alot about surgery, I had 2 level neck surgery recently but read the above with interest/ Does the compamssionate criteris mean just for pain not disability?

Also see you have bilateral leg pain . I cant find your thread to post this , so admin may move this question , but can I ask you a question as you have leg pain, and are a doctor. I have bilateral intermittent buttock pain on sitting and heel pain on standing and walking. I dont have heel pain when I wear heels higher than 2" or stand on tip toes, but as I walk alot , and am not a ballerina, this isnt often. I am dont know how to find out why?

My MRI was reported on by 2 trainee radioligists who I dot trust. The said my discs were all normal, but that I had bilerateral facet legenerationL5 / S1. They also reported a facet cyst on the nerve exit of L5/S1 without obvious nerve root compression.

The 1st spinal surgeon I saw looked at the MRI and sad I had very mild disc degeneration on 2 lower levels and my facets were satisfactory but I hav a cyst of the left exit formanen on L5/S but he though it pretty irrelevant The 2nd surgeon who did my neck , I asked at the neck follow up appointment to quickly review my MRI showing the cuyst he was suprised said "wher did you get that?!!" He said he would remove it for me as it may well be causing the pain.

The thing is I have pain in both buttocks occasionally and although the left is really , really bad at times and I cant sit on it , the right does hurt too and I have developed some low lack pain not constant but pretty bad at times. I am concerned that if the pain is both sides it might not be the cyst.

Sorry to ramble just thought you might know some info or research to help me understand what is wrong with me!! I understand perfectly this is not as a professional doctor but as a fellow user of the forum who may have some helpful info for me to read and consider? many thanks Marion