View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 02:35 PM

Question So Many Revisions After Recent Surgery?

I understand that people who post here are often ones that are having problems and need help. My heart goes out to all of you. What a disappointment. After having so much hope that ADR's will give you a better quality of life and then learning that's not true - depressing.

Why so many revisions on lumbar surgeries that were just completed months ago?

Are the devices not the right size? Is that why someone said there appears to be more women than men? Or just a coincidence?

Are the devices not placed correctly?

Are the devices on the market not working well? Maybe the lumbar spine isn't an area for successful ADR's since they are required to support so much weight? If that were the case then lumbar ADR's in men should fail more often?

Are the doctors not good surgeons? Are they not good at screening patients? Not enough experience?

Are surgeons telling patients about the possibility of revision?

I didn't know and wasn't told that Prodisc-C puts pressure on facets which may cause problems later. Has anyone had to have cervical revisions?

So many questions? If the doctors overseas have been doing these surgeries for years (10-15 yrs?), why aren't there more studies on failures? If there are studies, why no significant improvements. Hopefully stem cell research will change DDD and eliminate the need for ADR's.

Enough already! LOL
**Dec. 2007 numbness and weakness in left arm/thumb, x-rays, MRI, discs at C4-7 pushing on spinal cord, fusion or ADR out of country
**April 7, 2008, discogram at C3-4, surgery 4 levels, Prodisc-C, Dr. Bertagnoli, Germany