View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 05:10 PM

Chuck and others,

I too gave up as time was running short. My pain levels were increasing and I feared a rupture, etc.

I thought about getting a lawyer, especially since a 3 level fusion was actual contra-indicated, but in the end, I decided I didn't have the strength and wanted my efforts directed into me, not the legal system.

I agree that frustrating doesn't even come close, especially for those not fortunate enough to tap into their homes or other resources for funding to get the job done. I've done much venting myself and have been met with the same sympathy I'm now offering you.

Let me leave you with this thought. Had BC covered my surgery, I would have had it done here, by a doctor far less qualified than Dr. B and then cared for by a medical staff far less attentive than those in Germany. I would also have had a 4 level hybrid procedure instead a 3 ADRs and though I sustained severe nerve damage, who knows what else would have happened. I have no regrets, other than my financial burden, but if that's what it took for the best and the care I received, then so be it.

Fair, of course not but sometimes our prayers are answered in mysterious ways.

Take care, Dale