View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 06:24 AM

Let me start out with this is obviously just my opinion....
If it were me, I would stick with Dr. Zigler and being local. He is very experienced in my opinion, I have only heard one bad thing about him (and it wasn't regarding anything relating to his surgical skill) and I think as far as surgeries done vs. amount of good outcomes percentage, I'm sure he is the same percentage of success as the others. Not to mention, just the few hours of flying to Florida and back just about killed me, I can't imagine having to do an overseas flight. I am definitely not looking forward to the flight home after surgery, first class or not. Too bad they don't offer many buisness class flights within the US; although my brother in law flew this on a 20 hour flight (he said your seat folds flat out, own personal tv and your own little area (or big in comparison to first class and especially coach seating). He said it was still miserable (and he doesn't have any pain issues). Also think it is crazy expensive to fly that way.
Anyway, you should know by now from Pm's that I'm pretty opinionated and passionate about backs! Best of Luck in making the right decision for you, Kathy
BTW- If you can give me a call, gotta tell you about more from Diane, when they thought I was having surgery there. Too much to type.
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!