View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 06:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G

I am through with the home PT and now I move to outpatient PT at Kessler. (only 5 min away) I am pushing myself this time around because I need to get back to work. If I am not back to work by March 18th I am off payroll. My Short Term Disability ends at that point. I think I can do it. I am still experiencing horrible back pain but I've been experiencing that for over 5 years now so it's nothing new to me. I haven't had any paralyzing episodes since the surgery so that's good. My legs seem to be getting better. I dont have the constant sciatica leg pain, it's more intermittant now. I am building up my endurance from being vertical 1/2 hour to 1 hour, before I need to lay down. I am sick of my bed already!

Back to Work Positives:
I have a couch and a heating pad at work so I can relax whenever I need to.
My wife drives me.
I have a nice brace and two canes to show off.
I have a ball to sit on at my desk.
I get a nice paycheck and I have a cool job.
Keeping my benefits.
The Socialization at the water cooler.
A TV at my desk so I wont miss all the Judge shows that I became addicted to since September. That includes Judge Judy, Judge Alex, Judge Mathis, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Karen, Judge David, Christina's Court, People's Court, Divorce Court, Judge Piro, Judge Hatcher, Judge Penny..........oh and CASH CAB!!!!!!!

Negatives:
Getting up in the morning.
Getting laid off anyway because I'm going back during cuts.
Missing my cats.

So I hope I can build up my endurance enough to get back to work. Right now I couldn't do it, but hopefully in 5 weeks I will be in better shape.

I did develop Carpal Tunnel from using my wrists so much during my injury. I have 2 braces for that too. They're fancy.

Toodle-Loo for now,,,,
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC

Last edited by Eddie G; 02-04-2009 at 06:58 PM.