Thread: Octuplets
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM

Infertility can and does destroy lives and marriages. The fact that medical science can help is nothing short of amazing. However, this science can and sometimes does go beyond well intentions and abuse, as in all areas of life, occurs.

You have (wo)men attempting to govern themselves and you have corruption. You have a system of freedom of religion and you have sects of pedifiles hiding behind this freedom. You have modern technology of computer science and you have viruses. You have medical science that can normalize the appearance of those born with a hairlip and you get double Z boobs or a cat face, or Michael Jackson (did I say that).

I recently read a thought for the day that was, like many other, quite profound. I'm paraphrasing; 'Man doesn't seek to be rich, just richer than his brother'. That's another way of saying that greed is all around us and more likely will always be. The strong will prey on the weak.

Is having 8 implations abuse? Yes and on so many levels it doesn't even need debate. However, knowing that there was NO liklihood of delivering 8 healthy babies, and choosing that course anyway, this ethical decision becomes a criminal act and should be prosecuted. Abuse is abuse.