View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 12:25 PM

Mark, thank-you. Very, very interesting. Now, while I am waiting as patiently as I can on my couch with my heating pad for my SI joint injections to kick in, I have a very ignorant question to ask you. Does having my L6-S1 fusion have any bearing positive (or God forbid, negative) on the SI joints? How far from my fusion are the SI joints? I seriously wonder, based on my recent cat scan showing arthritic condition to my SI joints, if fusing them would be the solution to all my problems. As my hip replacement surgery draws nearer these are some of my paranoid questions.

Btw, sorry I missed your phone call the other day. We used the window of my hours of relief from the injections last friday to drive to our cabin in northern Minnesota for the weekend. It was incredible to be in the car for that trip with no pain.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.