View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 05:12 AM

Default Fast sugery date with Dr Bertagnoli

I think Mark was as amazed as I was at how fast Dr B's people came back with a surgery date. Mark (MMglobal) submitted my films on Thursday 2/12 and my prognosis/surgical recommendation came back on Sunday 2/15. Surgery date assigned on 2/16. Surgery is 2/26.

The great part about all this is that I have beaten the deadline at which my Aetna coverage ends (Feb 28) and my Humana picks up (March1st). I think I have a fairly good chance at winning a 2 level ADR appeal with Aetna. Aetna seems to be the most ADR friendly carrier out there. Many others folks have won 2 level appeals also. Plus, the other great news about such a fast date is that Ive only gotten worse lately. I took 70mg ultracet along with 1 hydrcordone and I still was not able to fall asleep till 7AM saturday morning due to pain. Much of the time, I cant find a comfortable position to sleep . I used to be able to sleep on my sides. Nothing works now. And I cant stand this popping and grinding and grating noice I have all the time! Its so unnatural and unerving, not to mention some below the waste symptoms/irritations that plague me that Im 100% certain are directly associated with my neck pain. I cant have this surgery too soon. Im so miserable at this point Im not even worried about the surgical risks. Im completely stoked that Im getting this in on such short notice. Man its such great news. I was shocked! AT least I can say that this process is starting out on a VERY good foot, hopefully thats a good sign of things to come.

I feel confident Im a straight forward case and that this surgery will work for me.I know Ive got one of the top 2 multi level ADR surgeons in the world, if not the top one. Cant better the odds any better than that.

For anyone who cares to know, I was quoted $26,205 Euros (at today's 1.29 exchange rate, thats $34,000 USD)